Leadership / Officer Development Program (ODP)
Learning and professional exchange with your European colleagues is facilitated online, using a variety of learning methods. On completing the program, you will have acquired knowledge and skills you can use in your place of work, and you will have expanded your professional network for future collaboration.
The program is aimed at European fire officers who have a minimum of 5 years’ experience at a senior/executive level. A bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited institution for higher education is required for entry, as well as proficiency in English at the B2/C1 level.
Jakob Vedsted Andersen
The first edition of ODP takes place next year and is being organized, facilitated, and hosted by the National Fire Academy (NFA, Brandweeracademie), part of The Netherlands Institute for Safety (Instituut Fysieke Veiligheid, IFV). The program presents participants with the opportunity to gain insight into strategic topics that are relevant to the fire services in Europe, now and in the future.
Who can participate?
The program is aimed at European fire officers who:
• Have a minimum of 5 years’ strategic work experience, which means they are responsible for decision-making at that level within their organizations;
• Have attained a bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited institution for higher education;
• Can demonstrate proficiency in English (minimum B2 level ) during the intake interviews;
• Are motivated to learn and work with their European colleagues, focussing on strategic topics.
What is on the ODP 2022 agenda?
The program content takes shape following two main themes that have been inspired by FEU meeting outcomes and international developments. These themes are:
• Future-proofing the fire services
• Fire services working together within the European (legislative) context
Planning and costs
The program on location will take place in Arnhem, The Netherlands from Monday 21 March through to Friday 25 March 2022. Both half day online meetings will be scheduled later this year.
The program costs are €3.500,- per participant. This includes all program activities, online and on location.
Download our whitepaper
Are you a potential participant and do you require further information at this stage? We would like to ask you to contact your FEU country representative. If they can’t answer your query, they will contact the ODP organization on your behalf. If you are interested to participate, your application will go via your FEU country representative as well.