Procedure Decoration system Federation of EUropean Fire Officers
The FEU experiences the need to express from its own ranks the appreciation for those who have made a special contribution to the FEU. This appreciation may also be visible, both at a festive moment of presentation of the decoration, and when worn on the uniform or civilian clothing.
The decoration is established by the Federation of EUropean Fire Officers (FEU) in 2021.
The decoration policy will be established by the Council.
There is a special contribution to the FEU if someone meets at least one of the following criteria:
- Has carried responsibility or has shown a competence that is considerably greater than the FEU could expect from this person (Gold)
- Has performed work in an excellent manner that has greatly benefited the FEU (Silver)
- Has performed an exceptional one-off performance for the FEU (Bronze)
- Has actively contributed to the objectives of the FEU for several years as a delegate, loyal and long-term membership (Bronze)
· Large FEU Medal with a ribbon in the colours of the FEU and a golden finish. Inscription front: Federation of European Fire Officers / Sharing, Inspiring, Improving. Inscription back: Ignis Pugnatores, Semper Paratus.
· Small FEU Medal (miniature) with a ribbon in de colours of the FEU and a golden finish. Inscription front: Federation of EUropean Fire Officers / Sharing, Inspiring, Improving. Inscription back: Ignis Pugnatores, Semper Paratus (firefighters, always stand-by)
· A baton in the colours of the FEU with 2 golden stars
· An accompanying certificate
· The same configuration but with a silver finish and the baton contains 1 silver star.
· The same configuration but with a bronze finish and the baton contains 1 bronze star.
The wearing instructions indicated in text and images how the decoration must be worn:
The general starting point is unity. This means that all wear the decoration in the same way. If one has more decorations, you wear the decoration with the highest-ranking number near the heart. As for the baton for loyal and long-term membership, it is customary to wear only the highest decoration. No more than three batons may be worn in width. For several batons, the row below the top batons is used.
For the application, a written substantiation must be drawn up as to why and for which the relevant person/delegate is eligible for a decoration. See enclosure. This nomination is made by one or more involved Delegates of the FEU. FEU members can only be nominated when leaving the FEU. The nomination is addressed to the President at least 3 months before the desired presentation date. The nomination and gradation are assessed on the criteria drawn up for this. The President decides on the allocation of the decoration. The decoration is presented by, or on behalf of, the President. If it concerns the President self, the Secretary hands out the decoration.
The Board assesses a nomination with sufficient objectivity and in conjunction with other previous application and advises on the value of the earnings and the translation thereof into a bronze, silver, or gold decoration.
The decoration is awarded on a suitable occasion, this may be at a Council meeting, but also at a relevant Congress or other suitable environment. A decoration can also be awarded posthumously.
In special cases, the chair may withdraw the decoration. This applies to reprehensible behaviour such as a crime for which someone has been convicted or a serious misconduct in the organization itself.
The costs of the decoration and the baton are borne by the FEU.
The Secretary keeps a record of the decoration and will also be published on the website of the FEU.
Look in how to nominate someone
The FEU experiences the need to express from its own ranks the appreciation for those who have made a special contribution to the FEU. Here you will find the procedure for nominating someone.
There is a special contribution to the FEU if someone meets at least one of the criteria. Here you will find the criteria and the form.
The FEU experiences the need to express from its own ranks the appreciation for those who have made a special contribution to the FEU. Here you will find an overview of the decorated members.