The Croatian Fire Brigade is the central state office in charge of firefighting, headed by the chief fire commander.
The Chief Fire Commander is responsible to the Government of the Republic of Croatia for the legality of the work of the Croatian Fire Brigade and for the equipment, organization, training and intervention readiness of fire organizations, fire brigades and firefighters in the Republic of Croatia.
The County Fire Brigades and the Fire Brigade Association of the City of Zagreb are under the jurisdiction of the Croatian Fire Brigade in operational and implementation terms.The Croatian Fire Brigade is the budget user of the state budget, and budget regulations apply to budget processes.
Croatian Fire Brigade:
- Prepares a proposal for the National Strategy for the Development of Firefighting
- Shapes the fire system of the Republic of Croatia
- Encourages activities regarding the improvement of fire protection and the implementation of firefighting activities
- Prepares the Program of activities in the implementation of special fire protection measures of interest to the Republic of Croatia and sends it to the adoption procedure
- Implements and coordinates the implementation of the Program of activities in the implementation of special fire protection measures of interest to the Republic of Croatia
- Prepares a report on the implementation of the Program of Activities in the Implementation of Special Fire Protection Measures for the Republic of Croatia
- Coordinates activities related to the inclusion of fire brigades in the civil protection system
- Establishes the state fire operational center 193
- Directs the activities of firefighting organizations and firefighting units in performing firefighting activities and supervises their professional work
- Participates in the work of international fire organizations, represents the interests of the fire brigade on the territory of the Republic of Croatia, maintains and regularly updates databases, registers and other data collected by the Croatian Fire Brigade in accordance with the provisions of this Act and regulations adopted pursuant to this Act
- Implements international cooperation in the field of firefighting and participates in the work of working bodies of competent European and international firefighting organizations
- Issues instructions for the implementation of elections in the fire brigades of counties, the fire brigade of the City of Zagreb, fire brigades of cities, municipalities, areas, voluntary fire brigades and public fire brigades
- Organizes firefighting activities
- Provides a central information and communication system
- Prepares analyzes of fire interventions and proposes improvements to the deficiencies identified in the analysis
- Prepares plans for the procurement of firefighting equipment and techniques
- Performs other tasks assigned to it by law.
Representatives within the FEU
We are delighted to inform you that the 6th International Safety Education Seminar - ISES 2021 will take place at the Croke Park conference centre in Dublin on December 7th and 8th, 2021.
The dates for INTERSCHUTZ have been changed, with the event now taking place from 20 to 25 June 2022. The decision to reschedule the world's leading trade fair fire, rescue, civil protection and safety/security was taken by Deutsche Messe after a process of thorough deliberation and intensive discussion with key market players.
Am 24. Februar 2021 brachten Abgeordnete zum Nationalrat eine parlamentarische Anfrage an den Bundesminister für Soziales, Gesundheit, Pflege und Konsumentenschutz – damals noch Rudolf Anschober – betreffend Schutz unserer Freiwilligen Feuerwehren ein. Die Anfrage wurde am 22. April 2021 durch den neuen Gesundheitsminister Dr. Wolfgang Mückstein beantwortet.
Der neue Landesfeuerwehrinspektor, Herbert Österle, hat am Donnerstag, den 1. April, offiziell sein Amt angetreten.
Every year, Danish Emergency Management Organization holds its traditional Annual General Meeting. The Annual General Meeting is the largest fire and rescue fair in Denmark and the Nordics and has for decades been a big draw patch with more than 1.000 visitors and 70 stands.
LINKS ‘Strengthening links between technologies and society for European disaster resilience’ is a project financed by the European Commission under the Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme.