Mission - Purpose
The Fire Officers Association, which is prohibited to have a profit-making character, has as its purpose:
- To safeguard, defend and promote the labour, economic, trade union, pension, insurance and social interests of its members.
- The promotion and elevation of their professional level.
- The defence, promotion and improvement of the service status of its members (judgments, hierarchy, rank and salary promotions, retirement of officers, etc.), which is completely different from that of other employees of the Fire Brigade.
- The upgrading of the role and position of the Greek Fire Brigade Officer within the Corps and the Greek society, for the benefit of its members.
Without seeking profit, the Association may establish consumer or credit cooperatives, maintain boarding houses and libraries, provide training courses for its members, organize professional seminars, conferences, exhibitions and sports competitions and create special funds to serve specific and special purposes, aimed at solidarity and mutual aid of its members.
In order to achieve its objectives, the NAPA is entitled, among other actions, to:
- To report to administrative and other authorities of the State on any matter concerning its purposes, its members and their general interests.
- To report and denounce to the administrative and judicial authorities of the country and to the mass media any violation of the legislation in force, whether it concerns only the Fire Brigade and its personnel, or other authorities and their personnel, and has a similar application to its members.
Representatives within the FEU
We are delighted to inform you that the 6th International Safety Education Seminar - ISES 2021 will take place at the Croke Park conference centre in Dublin on December 7th and 8th, 2021.
The dates for INTERSCHUTZ have been changed, with the event now taking place from 20 to 25 June 2022. The decision to reschedule the world's leading trade fair fire, rescue, civil protection and safety/security was taken by Deutsche Messe after a process of thorough deliberation and intensive discussion with key market players.
Am 24. Februar 2021 brachten Abgeordnete zum Nationalrat eine parlamentarische Anfrage an den Bundesminister für Soziales, Gesundheit, Pflege und Konsumentenschutz – damals noch Rudolf Anschober – betreffend Schutz unserer Freiwilligen Feuerwehren ein. Die Anfrage wurde am 22. April 2021 durch den neuen Gesundheitsminister Dr. Wolfgang Mückstein beantwortet.
Der neue Landesfeuerwehrinspektor, Herbert Österle, hat am Donnerstag, den 1. April, offiziell sein Amt angetreten.
Every year, Danish Emergency Management Organization holds its traditional Annual General Meeting. The Annual General Meeting is the largest fire and rescue fair in Denmark and the Nordics and has for decades been a big draw patch with more than 1.000 visitors and 70 stands.
LINKS ‘Strengthening links between technologies and society for European disaster resilience’ is a project financed by the European Commission under the Horizon 2020 Research and Innovation Programme.